Friday 19 August 2016

How To Have A Sweet Affair And Get Away With It



I bet your back shot right up. Your ears most probably pricked at that too. Yes as unbelievable as it might sound, popcorn just happens to be a healthy snack due to its high fibre.  As a result, increasing your daily intake of popcorn not only provides you with a whole grain, high in fibre and low in calorie snack, but is also deliciously tasty and won't add inches to your waist!

I can't seem to get enough of this stuff! You shouldn't too. I've been snacking on this for half of the year. Although I'm not a scientist I think I've earned the advocacy rights, to tell you all the reasons why you should start eating popcorn - regularly!


1. Plain popcorn provides whole grains, fiber and antioxidants. I do steer away from the cinema style popcorn which is saturated in fatty butter and sugar. However, there are some brands out there which provide that perfect balance between sweet and low in calorie and that is :

Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn in the Sweet 'n' Salty flavour. Weighing 80g a bag and retailing for around £1.50, it is made up of popped Butterfly Corn (65%), Sugar, Rapeseed Oil, Salt

Proper Corn in the Smooth Peanut & Almond flavour. Weighing at 90g a bag and retailing for around £1.59, this is currently on sale at Tesco's until the 30th of August for £1! It is made up of Popped Corn, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Peanut Flour, Salt, Ground Almond
Tyrells Poshcorn in Summer Strawberries & Cream. I found this for £1 at Ocado! I'm pretty sure that this is a sale price. I know it retails at £1.59 at Whole Foods Market. Weighing at 75g per bag, it's made up of Popped Corn, Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Lactose (Milk), Dried Raspberry Juice, Dried Strawberry Juice, Salt, Milk Powder (Milk), Dried Blackcurrant Juice, Dried Buttermilk (Milk), Citric Acid, Dried Dorset Sour Cream (Milk), Natural Flavouring. 
All of these suggestions can produce about 3 and a half servings, but if you're like me you can easily chug through the bag (not advisable- but hey, I'm in love!)

I've long since binned crisps for this lighter and healthier snack alternative. Are you a popcorn lover like myself? Let me know in the comments box down below if you have started this sweet love affair with the wonderful knowledge that you can now get away it!


No comments:

Post a Comment