Saturday 13 August 2016

Sprinkle Your Dust !



I'm a firm believer in being positive. I sprinkle little dusts of optimism and spread rays of warmth wherever I go. I came across 'The Power of Positivity' on my bus ride home from work through Twitter and already I was itching to get indoors so that I could make my own little contribution to this fabulous movement! This idea resonated so well with me having read and been inspired by the lovely Lizzy Hadfield from her recent post on shotfromthestreet. On those down days, when something didn't quite go to plan it feels almost as though I'm being brutally assaulted with everybody else's seemingly perfect little lives.

There are three pockets of wisdom that I've now learnt:

The worst thing you could ever do to yourself is to remain down in the dumps! The moment you set your focus away from picking yourself back up the longer you remain moody and life would most certainly seem all the more groggy and unfair!

The best thing you could ever do to yourself is to remain positive! If you're too weak to do so yourself, then make sure you're surrounded by loving, supporting and uplifting people who'd be happy to encourage you when you're feeling blue! Music is the window to the soul! And honestly that quote is so true! Listen to tunes that would put the skip back into your stride.


Most importantly, don't be a leech! Giving, sharing, caring they're all avenues of not only blessing your friends and family or your community at large but also the positivity naturally returns back to you in a full circle. Trust me on this one, its much more rewarding to be a giver and not just a taker. Think about it, when your best mate is happy, you're happy too. It's a downer for everyone If you're having a day out and one of your friend is being grumpy through it all.

So be the one to make someone's day, learn to value your worth, work on picking yourself up rather than moping around- as I've said before that only worsens your mood. Go on, sprinkle some positivity , I dare you!

@iconiclaur as laurmatthews and @jademillardx as simplyjadey have created a fantastic project and as I contribute more in future tweets and posts. I wish you both all the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment