Monday 19 March 2018

The L.C.O Method



If you didn't already know, L.C.O / L.O.C is one of the most popular methods for moisturising natural hair! Here are the products I use and the order in which I've been applying it into my strands. 

LIQUID

I mist my hair with my tea spritz. I'll be making a post soon about what I put inside my tea spritz so stay tuned! My hair LOVES this! I mist it through my strands focusing on my roots and then on my ends. I prefer a mist as the water is concentrated and dampens my hair as opposed to leaving it drenched. This way I don't experience drastic shrinkage. Usually I've been keeping my hair in loose twists and would squeeze in the tea spritz. My hair feels supple and soft within seconds! 

CREAM

To retain the moisture from my tea concoction, I apply my favourite leave-in conditioner. The Olive Oil & Mango Butter by Elasta QP is simply amazing! Not only does it glide onto my strands but it melts in and smells divine! I've found that this product lasts for up to two days after application! I smell it as I swish my head! 

OILS

I seal everything up with 100% African Shea Butter. My hair has loved Shea Butter for several years. I take a little and massage it into my palms to warm it up. Once melted I smooth it through my strands- focusing on my ends and roots. Because of the weight of it, It counts as my oil. As an extra finisher , I lightly apply my hair growth oil to coat my strands. This doesn't smell pleasant so I use very little so as to not mask out the Leave in Conditioner. Also I've found that too much can be drying on my hair.

This is the method I've been doing to keep my hair moist during the week. Its quick and simple, with minimal effort. My scalp massaging brush is on hand if I need to apply oil to my scalp. Also I enjoy using the infinity plastic hair bobble to put my hair into  a bun as it doesn't leave bends in my hair.  

Do you guys use any of the products mentioned above? Let me know what method you've been using to keep your hair moisturised during the week. If you tried out this method, comment down below how it went for you!

As always,




No comments:

Post a Comment